DIY Beard Oil
Posted by tracy tse on
How to Make Beard Oil
It’s really quite simple to make your own beard oil with these ingredients. All you do is mix the various oils and you’re good to go. The key is to simply experiment with various combos and find what you like best based on scent and desired skin and hair benefits. I provided a sample recipe, but the options are limited only by your imagination.
- 1oz bottles
- Small funnel
- Carrier oils such as jojoba ooil, sweet almond oil and coconut oil
- Esesntial oils such as tea tree, peppermint etc
1. Start With Carrier Oils
The first ingredients in your recipe are your carrier oils. In this first recipe I measured out half an ounce each of jojoba oil and sweet almond oil. You could also simply use a single carrier oil rather than mixing.
2. Add essential Oils
After you’ve added your base carrier oils you’ll add drops of essential oils for scent.remember that they’re potent, so you don’t want to add more than 10 or so drops to each 1oz mixture. For the more powerful scents, 3-5 drops is all you need. You can mix and match essential oils to find the scent that you like best.
3.Mix and Enjoy
Making your own beard oil is that easy! To use, simply put a small dab on your fingers (a few drops is all that’s necessary) and rub into your beard. The best time to use is after a shower when you’ve washed your beard and your skin is fresh.
- Cedarwood – helps prevent acne, supports hair growth and tightens skin,
- Peppermint – cools and invigorates skin, cleans hair without stripping away natural oils, makes hair stronger
- Lavender -antimicrobial cleanser and relieves itching due to dry skin
- Eucalyptus- Fights bad odor, moisturizes skin, antibacterial cleanser, adds shine and thickens hair
A Few Recipes
- 1/2oz jojoba oil
- 1/2oz sweet almond oil
- 5 drops peppermint oil
- 2 drops tea tree oil
- 3/4oz jojoba oil
- 1/4oz sweet almond oil
- 5 drops tea tree oil
- 3 drops peppermint oil